Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ravenclaw House Quiz



House Quiz

What potion has the strange side effects of excessive singing and nose-tweaking?
Euphoria

What ingredient can be used to counteract the effect of the above side effects?
a sprig of peppermint

How much can you get for Acromantula venom?
it may fetch up to a hundred Galleons a pint on the open market.

What is the most powerful love potion in the world?
Amortentia

What antidote does Harry use to help Ron when he is poisoned by Madam Rosmerta's finest mead?
Bezoar

How does Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Owl Order Service get their potions past the security at Hogwarts to their customers?
products are disguised as cough syrups or perfumes

What did Draco Malfoy make in Potions class when Professor Slughorn assigned them to make something amusing?
Hiccuping Solution

What spells will not work in an area affected by Instant Darkness Powder?
Lumos (and other common light spells) and Fire Magic

What are the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death?
wormwood, asphodel, valerian roots, and a single Sopophorous Bean.

How much will unicorn tail hair fetch?
Ten Galleons a hair




Extra Credit

Answering the following questions are extra credit and will earn you an additional ticket in the drawing for the prize.


Do you prefer to knit or crochet?
Knit, I don't know how to crochet

What is your favorite weight yarn to knit/crochet with?
Depends on the project and what I want to do with it

What fiber contents do you most like to knit/crochet with? What fiber contents do you dislike knitting/crocheting with?
I really love merono and silk... I dislike really cheap acrylics, ut other than that I like them all

How many complete pair of socks have you knit/crochet?
2 halves, which isn't a whole because I've never finished a pair... I'm working on two at once right now so when I finish that I'll actually have finished a pair

What is your favorite item to knit/crochet?
Probably hats, their quick and easy... and everyone seems to like them for gifts

What is your favorite treat?
Frozen Yogurt

Do you drink coffee, tea, or both?
Both... I'm a caffeine addict

Do you have an online wish list? If so, where?
No, I don't actually

How many Ravelry groups are you in?
a bunch? I don't know

Is there any special item you have been really wanting, but can't find in your local area?
Maybe, but I look for stuff on-line all the time so... nothing particular comes to mind... Unless someone knows where I can find the Malabrigo Sock Yarn :)

No comments: