- So I've been sick for like 2 months. I finally found a good doctor though and she gave me some different prescriptions and I've finally been feeling better. (AND it's SUCH a flipping relief.) I have a follow-up in I have a follow-up in December and I'm getting blood work done to check up on everything. I'm so relived to have found a doctor that I like.
- I'm so fed up with my job and work in general. Although I told my boss about it and he seemed sympathetic and has made some attempts to be less of a dick so I guess that's good.. We'll see how it progresses.
- I've decided that I want to go back to school for my PhD. This is scary as all hell. I've been spending my waking hours that aren't working studying. I also knit a little bit, when I'm in the mood. ;)
- I saw my first 3D movie (Megamind) with Ronni and her munchkins
- I take the GREs Saturday November 27th. I may be insane for picking such a close date.
- Analogies are the bane of my existence. I don't know why they exist. It's absurd.
- My grandmother is sick again. She's always sick at this time of year, but we never know how bad it's going to be. And it seems to get worse each year. :(
- I'm about as ready for the "Holiday Season" as I am for my GREs. Actually, I'm LESS ready for the holidays.
And here's what I've been knitting on:
My Ravenclaw Scarf
and it's finished!!!
I learned a lesson knitting these socks: Don't knit from a chart while you're sleepy, on cold medicine and also trying to pay attention to Dexter. Your pattern magnet has the ability to slide and mess you up so that you knit half of row 4 and repeat half of row three and not know what to do on row five. This will result in a frogging.
Other than that "small" (albeit educational) hiccup, this sock is flying off the needles. I actually cast this on because I was trying Ronni's method of dealing with stress/trauma/craziness/etc. She casts on and knits a new pair of socks. Clearly, I've not been super into this sock, but I'm getting over my I HATE KNITTING SOCKS phase. Also, its such a pretty yarn.
I'm going to do the thumb before the flip top. I also think I'm going to start the second mitt before the flip-top. PROCRASTINATION. The flip-tops scare me a little. (Although I did finally master backwards loop cast on, so I'm less worried.) ALSO I want the thumb to match, so I figure I'll do the thumb and save what's let of this ball for the flip top of the second mitten and use the new ball for the flip top of this mitten. That way any dye lot difference wont be too jarring.
These will be SUPER cute when I finish them. :) I'm looking forward to my matching mittens and tam set.
I have been cowl obsessed lately. I mean REALLY OBSESSED. Especially with large oversized cowls. I've knit 2 or 3 and they've all ben for swaps or for gifts, so I finally cast on one for myself.
Getting this sucker joined in the round without twisted stitches was HARD. (430 stitches in lace weight.) It should be smooth(er) from there.
I also though mindless knitting of stockinette in the round would be a good idea. It's lace weight though, so I've made like no progress. I also REALLY wanted my scarf done for the movie premier. So worth it. :)