Sunday, May 25, 2008

For my spoilee

I'm very very excited about my kit. So far I have tons done, but I haven't really spent any money. I've made stitch markers and a little extra for my partner. I had all the supplies to make some really cute stitch markers at home. I used to do tons of beading a long time ago so I've got beads and beading supplies bursting from the walls. Here's a semi-blurred teaser picture for Rowena Bladvak and anyone else who is interested.

I've also picked a pattern for the bag; well actually I couldn't pick one so I picked all of my favorites and sort of combined them all 
into something that I really liked and that worked the best with my knitting style and hopefully in the end it'll turn out alright. I have a back up plan just
 in case.

In other news, semi related to kits AND beading. I tried my hand at making a couple of row counter bracelets. I have on slytherin colored one, which I believe is rather large and a ravenclaw one 
that I did, but put one too many "1" beads. I'll probably do something to fix the two of them, but I am rather impressed with the results. I think that I'll be trying to make some more too. 
Although I need more elastic for the little beaded rings, I'm out of the tinier clear kind and the white that I have is just too bulky. I had to use it for the slytherin bracelet and I can't say that I liked it. It works and it's functional, but not nearly as pretty as I would like.


2 comments:

Ronnica said...

*eek* Okay... now I REALLY can't wait for the owl to arrive!!! LOL Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are really talented. I hope you won't be disappointed with my poor efforts.