Friday, May 21, 2010

Since I'm in a safe place, I'll admit my addiction.

I love the Harry Potter stories. I love the books I love the artwork. I LOVE them. That's why I do this swap. I love the trivia...

I have this goal of collecting the books in different languages (if for nothing else than the other cover arts). I want the UK sets in both the adult and children covers... Maybe I'm a bit obsessed and maybe I'm a bit of a hoarder. BUT this week I bought my first non-English set of books and I'm thrilled to pieces over it.

This is all 7 books in Spanish.

I've always wanted to be bilingual. I've taken (no lie, I've added it all up) 7 years of Spanish classes. I do okay with my Spanish, but I'm not bilingual. My boyfriend is. English is actually his second language. I was doing better with my Spanish before his grandfather died. His grandparents spoke very little English, so I really had to work on my Spanish when we visited them. Now his grandfather has gone, and his grandmother lives in Miami so I don't practice as much. I'm hoping to read through these books and improve my Spanish skills. :D

Both my brother and my boyfriend both though I was silly to bought these, claiming I'll never read them. My boyfriend has, however, softened up and decided it will be a good thing for me to read the books in Spanish.

Here is my "Harry Potter Bookshelf" I'm quite proud of it... Though I seem to be missing "Quidditch Through the Ages" even though I KNOW that I own it. ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. All 7 books in Spanish. :) I just have them in English.

Shelvicious said...

That is so awesome. I have taken 3 years of Spanish and can barely speak it at all. I am better at reading though.

Unknown said...

i want to get the books in Spanish! the boy and i have been reading them aloud in English, so now we need to try them in Spanish so i can practice! (we take turns reading the chapters, so he gets to practice both reading and listening skills--you should try it with your boy so you can practice your spanish too!)

anadeblak said...

yeahh ii speek spanish
because I live in mexico and i wanna leern inglish