Sunday, December 14, 2008

I've been stuck at home unable to walk for 3 days

And since that has been the case I've been a very large knitting kick. I can't believe how much I've got done this week. :) And I'll be working on some more as well. First of all, I finished Luke's Slytherin scarf. It's just shy of 10 feet long. It's a dark green and a dark grey/silver so it's not exactly the same as the movie scarf, but I think Luke doesn't care about accuracy. ;) I'm so proud of myself for finally finishing it. When I did finish it, last Sunday night, I did a happy dance around my room out of pure joy. :) It's long and thick and warm and I hope he loves it... Even if lately he is a real jerk about 90% of the time.

I have also knitted and finished a hat for Aynsley. (She requested it, and saw the yarn before hand, and saw the ravelry post and pictures... So it's not a surprise, but it is a gift.) I did the Unoriginal Hat by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Which I have been wanting to do for a while, but hadn't got around to it. I used to different green Caron Simply Soft strands held together to get a bulkier knit and create some variegation in color. It's kelly green and lime green. (Which the picture doesn't show very well, but my camera is MIA and my iPhone is the best I have right now.) She saw the pictures and says she really likes it.

I also knit Aynsley a surprise present. Which I'm not talking about or posting about because it's a surprise! :) Let's hope I actually manage to keep this surprise a surprise. I'm not so good about it usually. ;)

I'm going to do some more knitting today, and maybe finish up some WIPs that have been sitting around and/or start work on my mom's knitted pillows. :) Probably the latter, because I'm not really feeling like finishing anything I've already started...

******

In other non-knitting business, my Christmas shopping (and knitting) is pretty much done. There are a couple of things I'd like to pick up still, but there's no rush on that. :) Except for 1 thing I want to get before I can send off Veronica's present. :)

We had a bunch of our mail stolen a couple of weeks ago. So we've been dealing with changing cc numbers and figuring out if packages have gone missing. It's such a hassel...

I went in for treatment on my foot again. Which is why I can't walk. It's a more aggressive treatment this time and therefore much more painful. I've watched a lot of tv and done a lot of knitting. Not too much walking though... I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow, because my foot is still really hurting. Hopefully I can manage to get a shoe on it...

For the rest of the week... Thursday is the holiday luncheon for work... I'm not really looking forward to it, because I don't really like most of the people I work with. But it's also payday so I have a paycheck to look forward to. :) Friday I'm going to go to Sara's dance recital and the Nutcracker... Well, I'm going to be cutting it close but I am DETERMINED to make it to both. I don't want to disappoint Sara, but I also don't want to give up the Nutcracker tickets because they are expensive. (Plus, I know a little girl dancing in the nutcracker too.) Saturday I'm babysitting Sara and Ellie. So I'll be busy at the end of this week, nothing going on in the beginning though. :)

No comments: