Monday, October 25, 2010

Socks.

Copy-Cat Post from the Muggle Blog

I hate socks. I don't really hate socks. It's gotten colder and they've kept my tootsies warm and cozy. I really hate knitting socks. For a long while all I knit was socks. Socks were my favorite. Now? Now I am socked out. Unfortunately I got socked out with 3 pair on the needles.
I was on such a "Finish my WIPs" knitting high. I was going so fast. I was finishing so much. It was amazing. Then I hit the socks. And well... I stalled. Big time. I want those pairs of socks. (Well, not the blue ones, they're for Rowena. BUT I'm sure she wants them.) I just don't want to knit them. I'm eagerly awaiting my sock mojo to come back to me. There are other people who have asked me for socks. I'm wishing I had been smarter and knitted those earlier when I was still feeling "socky."

Sock Knitting hating aside I have received 8 skeins of sock yarn recently. (Recently meaning within the month). (Although one skein is BMFA fingering marine silk and I have NO INTENTION of socks. That'll be a pretty little shawl.)
It's just that sock yarn is so wonderful. It's colorful. There are so many awesome indie dyers. It's easy to buy one skein and make a project with it. A shawlette, socks, hats, mitts... Double it up and you have worsted weight. I love sock yarn. It's my favorite. It's just I don't want to make socks with it. Ever. Well, maybe one day. Hopefully soon.

No comments: